Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Investigating in Ithaca - Samantha

Hey All!

My name is Samantha Allen, I'm a journalism major, politics minor at Ithaca College but I've always really had a fascination with the metro-section and local politics, crime, etc. Last year, I got to know the Tompkins County area, covering the Town Beat as well as Crime in the city. My major freshmen story was on the controversial issues with Common Council surrounding the infamous Ithaca Dog Park. I'll post an update on that story soon.

For now, as a sophomore, I'm sticking to my roots, keeping up with local contacts and friends in the campus police department. If anyone knows how to crack the impenetrable lock on IPD's media sources, definitely let me know. Those guys never really want to talk and I hate to badger :/. But I guess, that's the way of a journalist.

Stay tuned!
Samantha


No comments: